BRONX MAN SENTENCED TO 15 YEARS IN PRISON FOR ATTACKING TWO FEMALES HE KNOCKED UNCONSCIOUS AND LEFT SEMI-NAKED

BRONX MAN SENTENCED TO 15 YEARS IN PRISON FOR ATTACKING TWO FEMALES HE KNOCKED UNCONSCIOUS AND LEFT SEMI-NAKED

Defendant Pleaded Guilty to Attempted Assault and Attempted Robbery

Bronx District Attorney Darcel D. Clark today announced that a Bronx man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for two 2016 attacks in which he knocked the victims unconscious and removed items of their clothing. In one attack, he broke the jaw of a 15-year-old girl near Bronx Park.

District Attorney Clark said, “The defendant brutally beat a young girl who refused his sexual advances and a young woman who had willingly handed over her phone. He will now serve 15 years behind bars for these vicious attacks. The two survivors have bravely gone on with their lives, despite severe emotional and physical pain. We hope this sentence brings a measure of peace to them.”

District Attorney Clark said the defendant, Shaun Lewis, 28, of Lurting Avenue, was sentenced today to 15 years in prison followed by five years post-release supervision by Bronx Supreme Court Justice Ralph Fabrizio. He pleaded guilty on January 25, 2018 to Attempted Assault in the first-degree and Attempted Robbery in the second-degree. At the time of the attacks, the defendant was on parole for a robbery in which he beat a woman.

According to the investigation, on the early morning of October 24, 2016, Lewis exposed himself to the teenage girl and demanded she “touch it” while in the vicinity of Bronx Park. When the girl refused, the defendant repeatedly struck her face, kicked her and choked her into unconsciousness. When she awoke her pants and underwear had been removed. He then grabbed her breast before she was able to flee.

According to the investigation, on the night of April 21, 2016, on Wickham Avenue, Lewis approached a 33-year-old woman and demanded her cell phone. Upon handing over her phone, the woman asked the defendant to send the photos on her phone to her husband. The victim was knocked unconscious and awoke with her pants removed. She suffered bruising, swelling and extreme pain to her jaw.

The case was prosecuted by Assistant District Attorney Jill Starishevsky, Senior Trial Assistant in the Child Abuse/ Sex Crimes Bureau under the supervision of Rachel Ferrari, Chief of the Child Abuse/Sex Crimes Bureau and under the overall supervision of Joseph Muroff, Chief of the Special Victims Division. District Attorney Clark thanked Crime Victims Advocate Jeannette Gambaro for her assistance and support.

Print Friendly
Share this Article: